Wednesday, March 7, 2007

OO!

Geuss what came today?!

And I had just got confirmation that it was being shipped on Monday!

Also, earlier today I was contemplating frogging the shawl that I was working on and attempting something from Victorian Lace Today. I've really been eyeing the large and gorgeous Cap Shawl on page 25. I have 4 skeins of yarn with 440 yds each that I was going to make the Diamond Shawl with. That's around 1700 yds, perfect for this new project!! I told myself that I would need to find the right needles to knit this up on because I had to downsize a few sizes with the first shawl. This would best be done on the new set of Boye needles that would be coming in the mail and that I would definatly have to finish the sweater before I could start anything new... That is a lot harder to stick to now that the needles have arrived!

I came to the realization that I should start a different shawl last night when I was knitting up a little bit on the current shawl. The diamond pattern just really wasn't interesting me and I was yearning for something with more natural lines; lines like you can see in the central motif of this shawl.
I've been plugging away on the sweater and am almost half way done with this last piece.

And now I will leave you with a picture of Fez, since we haven't seen him on the blog for a little while.
I should also mention that I've spun up most of that orangey red merino top that I bought quite some time ago. I plan to finish it up tomorrow and then ply it with itself. I know there's probably not enough of it to knit something from it by itself. However, I could probably use it to make the heels and toes on a pair of socks with yarn dyed to match this stuff I've been spinning.

No comments: