Friday, March 9, 2007

Eye Candy Friday

Another delivery came today!
It's the yarn that Maria, Val and I bought for our spring cardigans. Maria's will be in green, Val's in white, and mine in pink. I've already knit up a swatch for gauge and let me tell you, this stuff is awesome! It's 100% cotton from Webs and the swatch came out perfect and has such wonderful drape and minimal curling even in stockinette. I can't wait to cast on for this project! Maria is tweaking the pattern tons to make it fit just the way she wants it to and I was going to as well. But then I did a lot more measuring and got all ready to make some calculations but found that the pattern was perfect as is!

Here, is a picture of 250 yards of that orangey-red merino top I spun up. I think it turned out beautifully! Each strand has some red and some gold in it and overall the skein is pretty even! I took some pictures of the yarn in the daylight but they weren't true to the color, so I snapped this picture as a last resort and it came out perfect!
Happy Friday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm, definitely eye candy! I love the pink and the red yarns!

Unknown said...

Beautiful merino!

stacyZ said...

That is gorgeous yarn you spun. Did you get your wheel yet? I tried the Schactt and I was relieved it did not sing to me lol. I was really scared it would and then well I would just be screwed ;)

So what cardigan are you making? Lovely soft colors.

Oh and I need Val's contact info can you have her email me I want to start dying! :)