Sunday, March 11, 2007

...Nothing

The title of this post tells you how much progress I've had on my shawl. That gorgeous thing that I can't wait to finish is proving VERY difficult to start. You have to do a circle cast on and then knit around 9 stitches with dpns. The pattern uses size 7 needles but I prefer the look of this yarn on 5's. I've decided it's not the size of the needles that is the problem, it's the size of the yarn! The yarn is so tiny and... well... lacey that it can't support the weight of the size 5 needles or even grip the needles enough for me to knit with! I'm certain that once I get past the join and the first two rows of the pattern I'll be able to make significant progress. But I spent 2 hours on it last night and this is what I have to show for it:
In lighter news, the blog got 10 views on Friday!! And none were from me! I realize that it might have had something to do with the two updates so I am going to try to update a little more regularly in attempt to 'get my blog out there'.

Also, thank you so much for all the positive reviews on my yarn!! It is the first batch that I am truly proud of. I realize that I never showed a picture of the blue triple ply skein, so here it is.
And... that's all I've got for you today.

No comments: