Friday, January 18, 2008

FO: Grandma's Faroese Shawl

Sorry for the delay, there seems to have been an influx of bad news this week.

I finished the 6 rows and bound off on Tuesday night and the whole thing was blocked and dry
Wednesday evening. I knit this up on US 5's with Webs Mill Ends & Closeouts 2/4 Highland Tweed in Arctic. This is a 100% wool yarn that was shipped to me still with the spinning oils on it. I knit this up without washing and at first I thought the yarn was very scratchy but soon got used to it because I didn't touch anything else of a fibrous nature until I finished it. I washed the whole thing with eucalan and it did soften up a bit but it's 100% wool so it's still scratchy. I really didn't fall in love with the pattern and probably won't knit it up again.

I'm going to send this to my Grandma with a delivery confirmation so that she will still be surprised but I'll call her and ask if it's too itchy. If so, I'll have to make her another one!

No comments: