Monday, April 23, 2007

Weekend Update

Friday night Michael and I went to see Trace Bundy, he plays acoustic guitar (and quite well I might add). He and Michael know each other quite well for a fan and a musician and I think it is due to the fact that every concert we go to Michael finds something to talk to Trace about. It's cute really. This concert was a benefit for Justice for Children International. It was quite an eye opener but I'd had a long day so all I wanted to do was knit and listen to some nice music.
Good news! I finally looked up the correct decrease for the jaywalker pattern and was able to knit some more on the socks during the benefit. I've still got quite a ways to go but I think I'm getting ready for the heel flap here.
I got a little work done on the cardigan since I last posted, just a few more buttons worth. My mom and I have been a little excited about wedding planning so not a lot of knitting has gotten done.
A little seedling update. They've grown! As green things tend to do. I'm a little worried though, not all of the pots have sprouted. The lavender hasn't but that's to be expected because it is a bit more substantial than the flowers. The other pot is just some posies I think. I've been treating all the pots equally so why this one hasn't sprouted is beyond me.
I'm not sure if you can tell in this next picture but someone (or something) has been digging in my pot! That 'big' sprout has been uprooted and the shadow is covering a small divot in the soil. Also, some sprouts on the right side of the pot (out of the picture) were covered in loose soil. I think the culprit could be some rascally squirrels! I knew there was a reason I didn't like them!
Today I had an interview for an entry-level position with Array Biopharma. It was my first interview since I graduated from college and I really think that it went well! While the position itself does not interest me, the company does and this company would much rather promote from within than hire from without. Also, I think that I would feel better about a higher up position if I really knew what the underlings were doing. If you are interested you can go to the website for more info on the company. I met with 5 people: The boss and 2 superiors as well as 2 people that I'll be on a little more equal footing with. I really liked all but one guy and he is the GMP guy... the one who is paid to be anal and psychotic about all the products that leave the building, so I geuss that is to be expected. I sure would like this position since A) I haven't had any other interviews, B) I am interested in the company, and C) this position would allow me to work a little bit with the various groups in the company and see what should be my next step in the corporate world.

I also experimented a little with navajo plying and I'm really starting to get the hang of it. More in the next update.

No comments: