Monday, February 11, 2008

Ugh!

So, as you may have noticed there has been a lack of postage over the last week... But that directly correlates to the near lack of knitting that occurred during that same time. I told myself that I had to finish my wedding shawl before moving on to anything else. I've been very good about that, except now no knitting is getting done. I've linked the lack of desire to knit on the gorgeous shawl to the very distinct possibility that it is the wrong color. I took a swatch to my parents house last weekend to compare with the maid of honor's dress and the fabric that we're using in the centerpieces and the shawl is much more olive and too dark. I don't even know if I'm going to want to take it to the wedding!

Because I can't show the shawl to anybody (also a rule of mine) I told myself that knitting on the afghan I bought the yarn for way back when was ok. I'm knitting it up with the yarn doubled and have finished up one ball of the doubled yarn. Then I thought back to how much yarn I ordered.... I'm thinking that I don't have enough yarn to make a decent sized afghan... but we'll have to wait and see.

I REALLY want to start some socks! Should I continue being monogamous or should I try to satisfy my need for socks?

1 comment:

Oriri said...

Alright, totally evil here but... SOCKS!

Knitting is supposed to be fun!