Thursday, May 3, 2007

Summer 2007 Interweave Knits

I'm not going to lie... I'm a little disappointed. But what was I expecting when the cover displayed a long-sleeved, cable-yoked sweater? I was under the impression that the summer issue of most magazines displayed items that are traditionally, Oh I don't know, more SUMMERY?! I've always felt like there is an abundance of items to be knit for late fall through early spring and that I have a hard time finding great summer-time knits. I apologize for the no pictures but I couldn't figure out how to link directly to the patterns on their website. But seriously, I'm disappointed. There are 6 very warm looking sweaters, a pattern for knee-high socks (which I still love, it's not their fault they got clumped in the wrong issue!), hats, and a few patterns for shrugs and wraps that would work better in different issues. Despite the self-imposed yarn diet, I don't see many patterns that make me want to cast-on right away. Hopefully Spin-Off will come soon and fix this sinking feeling that I have about Interweave right now.

On the knitting front... I've gotten past the gusset decreases on my little ankle sock and have made no progress on Rachel's lace-y sweater. I have seamed my cardigan, all that's left is setting the sleeves. I hope I'll be done with the cardigan either tomorrow or Saturday. Pictures to come soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I recently picked up the Spring Interweave knits, and VogueKnitting's Spring/Summer. After reading what you have to say about the Summer Interweave, I think I'll pass on it. Interweave Spring just didn't do it for me enough to get Summer, especially after your review. (Thank you, by the way!)

On the other hand, VK got carried around just about everywhere for near two weeks. Most of the patterns were interesting without being outrageous, tasteful without being dowdy.