Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Say what?!

I got a delivery today from Morehouse Merino..... Gorgeous!
Since I love to spin in the grease I can just sit right down and get started! And to think, just last night I almost broke my fiber diet because I was really craving some dark wool to spin.
Only, I just realized that I don't have anything to card with. But at the same time I remembered that I prefer to spin up the individual locks. I still need to flick the ends, loosen up the fibers a bit. I do have several cat brushes and Maggie was talking about using a dog comb to flick the ends... I'll have to give it a shot.

On the other hand, last night I caved and decided that I'd had enough sweater knitting and was working out a pattern for a new shawl out of the dusty rose yarn I already bought. If anyone reading this has Victorian Lace Today I decided to go with the border from the Diamonds and Triangles shawl on page 150 and use the Trinity Stitch center panel from Half Square on page 126. I hadn't gotten to calculating gauge and how many stitches of the center panel I would need for the edging before the gorgeous fleece came.

I've been working pretty hard, trying to get back into my exercise routine and this morning I did some pretty intense leg work. That might be the deciding factor on how I spend my day!

(Also, I finished the front panel of Rachel's sweater yesterday... but nobody really cares. I know I don't.)

No comments: