Thursday, February 1, 2007

The Sock Saga, Cont.

This morning was one of those mornings when I really had a hard time rolling out of bed. I usually have a small problem with SAD during the winter and it's really been hitting me hard lately. I just graduated and haven't found a job yet. Even though that is entirely normal it's really not helping me feel better. I just sit at home alone knitting and watching crappy day-time tv. People will say, 'You should exercise, you'll feel better.' Well, I already exercise every day. I do yoga and pilates. This leaves me feeling a little more peaceful and physically spent for a while, then it's right back to the lonely uselessness. So you can see why it might be hard for me to get out of bed in the morning.

But now we'll move on to more knitty stuff. I finished the first sock for my grandma yesterday and I must say that I am quite pleased with how it turned out. There are no pictures of me trying it on because my grandma has smaller feet than I and I didn't want to stretch it out or hurt it in any other way. Rest assured that I have tried it on once or twice to make sure that it is shaping up nicely and that it will, indeed, fit a human foot this time.



Here is a close up of the heel so you can see how wonderful it looks! This is a garter stitch heel flap so the edges were done in garter stitch and this is the first time that I've successfully picked up the required number of stitches in a way that the heel still looks like a part of regular sock anatomy.

Immediately after finishing the first sock I cast on for the second. I haven't gotten very far because I kept getting distracted for some odd reason. I usually knit in front of the tv and don't have any problems keeping track of my progress, but I did last night!


No comments: