Thursday, June 12, 2008

Gr... Argh....

Sorry for such a long delay; I was waiting for a time when it was warm, not windy, still light out, and I was free so that I could do my shawl photo shoot and it still hasn't come!!

In the meantime, an update is in order.

I got these two packages on the same day!

This second present is a German published magazine in which a very talented designer used to publish some of his lace work. GORGEOUS!! I'll just have to pick out a pattern....
... and translate it to English...

I cast on for the Equinox Yoke Pullover from Interweave Knits a little while ago.... I messed around with the pattern for a VERY long time before I realized the easiest way to knit this would be in the round, bottom up. So I have now reached the yoke, where you set aside the main part of the sweater and get started on the sleeves. (I'm a little further along than the picture indicates, but the color is pretty accurate).
My first bit of colorwork in a sweater!! I'm a bit nervous. It also doesn't help that the sleeves are too narrow for circular needles.... DPNs and colorwork? I know I've done it before but this time it's serious (sweater serious)!

I also got to the same point on my pink cardigan some time last week during a gaming fest with some friends. The game was long and there were a lot of people playing so there was plenty of knit time just waiting to be used!

No comments: